Chicago Tribune app for iPhone and iPad
1984 ratings )
Current version: 4.9.1
, last update: 8 months ago
First release : 18 Aug 2010
App size: 77.55 Mb
Now theres a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Chicago Tribunes premium storytelling on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Stay in the know: Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what youve read and what you havent with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, chicagotribune.com, and our eNewspaper; then its only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so youll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to chicagotribune.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 312-442-0007.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
Weve been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If youre still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Pros and cons of Chicago Tribune app for iPhone and iPad
Chicago Tribune app good for
Great app! Viewing Id stunning updates and breaking news are solid, and no blockage of what sort congrats!
Huge improvement over previous Tribune apps. I dont fault them for charging for content. All papers do. There are plenty of free articles if youre smart enough to recognize the premium icon.
Better than the previous one. More balance than past, but still too bias.
As a Life long Chicagoan who doesnt have time to read traditional newspaper copy, the app keeps me connected with all local news as well as in depth national news & commentary.
This app is designed for *paid* ChiTrib digital subscribers; otherwise you only can read a few articles a month. I use it several times each day. Its been a very reliable app for me on each of two iOS devices for over three years.
I like the articles and do not mind paying a small fee . The paper needs to make money to stay in business.
Some bad moments
As a paid subscriber I like having this mobile version available. But at least the print edition doesnt burst into flames when you turn the page. The seemingly huge increase in embedded ads in each article appears to cause endless crashes. Animated images in those ads go "poof" and the app is gone. Sometimes cant even finish an article in one sitting. Going to have to abandon this to keep my sanity until the bugs are whacked. The is latest update and latest iOS.
Forget about the ads - cant even scroll the headlines without crashing.
This app appears to be completely infested with malware. When viewing a story, a pop-up is triggered every few seconds. Never seen anything like it.
Updated and reloaded, "breaking" news stories are three months old. Time to delete.
Im a Tribune reader and subscriber for 30+ years. Reading it on my iPad is my preferred way to go. Sadly, the app is terrible. The ad content at the top of page makes the app jump back to the top of the page. Arranging sections isnt intuitive nor obvious and they dont hold their places. The app is so jumpy and performs so poorly that Ive deleted and reinstalled it several times thinking I had a corrupt version. Nope. Its just bad. I dont have these problems with the NYT, USA Today, or any other news content ads. And this from a company claiming to be focusing on digital platform creation. Thats a funny one.
Besides failing to keep me signed in, there is a pop up for every story and ads so thick that scrolling is nearly impossible. Paid subscribers shouldnt have to deal with that.
and other. So, download free Chicago Tribune .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Chicago Tribune iOS app used & searched for